Diva Style: Weekend Soiree~

Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Soiree~

The beautiful and absolutely delicious birthday cake

A little tablescape done by yours truly

One of Tiya's works of art (her paintings were hung everywhere as a tribute to her as the artist!) flanked by a citrus fruit centerpiece created by moi on the left side--the balloons were also green and yellow.

The table setup (though I couldn't get a pic before the tasty tapas were ravaged by guests)...but please draw your attention to the lovely orchid and gerbera daisy centerpiece, complements of Stacy, at the far right end of the table

My little piece of heaven...spruced up a bit after I arranged a couple of items on the table...the guy sitting next to me was probably thinking...what is going on here? LOL.

This shot styled by Stacy's sister Faye and I, as Stacy looked on like we were completely crazy :-)

Over the weekend, one of my friends Tiya who is a spectacular multi-talented artist, turned 30 and had a very snazzy and chic celebration at Mezza Luna, a restraurant located in the heart of midtown DC. She enlisted our friend Stacy and myself to doctor the place up a bit with some decorating ideas of our own. I got as many pics as I could before the guests began arriving and took over for a celebration that lasted into the early morning hours. What fun!

1 comment:

Soul Pretty said...

Oh I wish we lived closer...that cake looks good...and I could use an eyeshadow tutorial...